Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Is It Reasonable? (Update)

I received three emails from AirAsia last week. The first was 5 days ago saying all booking are not refundable. Well, I would understand that if I have already paid for the seats so no that did not answer my questions about the not-yet-paid booking. They however, have cancelled the hotseats as they called 'gesture of goodwill' and the seat now reflects on normal seat. I don't actually understand what they mean by 'now reflects on normal seat' so I log into my online airasia account and check on the booking. The have unblocked the web check in. The seats still remains as hotseats but the amount charge for the hotseats are now zero.

My first thought was 'maybe they have not finished changing or reseting whatever that needed to do to reset the seating so I log out without checking in and wait for the new itinerary to arrived. I received the itinerary later on the same day and the seats in the itinerary still remains hotseats. I finally decided to try checking in because who knows maybe the seat will be assigned randomly when I checked in so I did that and..I still get the hotseats. My first guess is that the hotseats are some kind of compensation for me on this matter. However, I am still worried that they would suddenly send me an email asking me to pay for the hotseats so for the next 3 days I has sleepless nights waiting for that email from them and I finally received one on the 19th.  Thank god it is just an email form their customer care telling me that they have resolved the issue of my second complaint since it is the same as the first one and they did noticed that I have checked in on the 15th. They also thank me for reporting the issue and they have forwarded to the issue to their ICT team so that they can improve their website services.

Well, finally I can stop worrying about the hotseats and continue with my life. Thank you for taking immediate action to settle this matter and I pray that this will never again happen to me or to anyone else.

p/s: In case you are wondering..the second email was sent to me on the 15th to inform me that they have forwarded my second complaint to the respective team and will inform me as soon as they get the update on that matter. Owh and I also sent an email to NCCC to inform them that the issue has been resolved.



No comments: