About 2 weeks ago I bought four Airasia tickets from KL to Bintulu and 2 days ago I was trying to do seat booking for that flight. The flight tickets were bought in batches of two since '2togo' promotion was on when I was purchasing the tickets. I opened both booking accounts using different Mozilla tabs. I realized that the default recommended seat is the hot seat and for my case two hot seats for both booking. I then chose the seats (not the hot seat, the regular one) for my first booking account and decided to proceed so I click the 'Sah dan teruskan' button for that particular booking and was asked to log into my online banking account to proceed for the payment. I logged into my banking account and then I realized that the amount I need to pay is not the right amount so I did not proceed with the payment and log out of my banking account. I checked the seat booking again and then realize that the system had made a mistake by charging me with the hot seat price for the first booking. I am sure did not click the 'Sah dan teruskan' button for the second booking account and I am sure that I only clicked 'Sah dan teruskan' button for my first booking account but the system took the default hot seats from the second booking and transfer it into my first booking account and charged me for it. I was relieved that I realized the system's mistake before making any payment so I tried to cancel the seats booking but was unable to do so and the system still asked me to confirm the seat booking and pay for it.
I called the Airasia call center and informed them about this problem and they told me I still have to pay for the seats even though I told them I did not chose the hot seats and it was a mistake made by the system. They said I would not be allowed to board the plane if I did not pay for the hot seat even though I have fully paid the flight tickets.
I don't think it is fair for them to force me to pay for the hot seat booking. First and foremost, I did not choose the hot seat. It was the mistake made by the system. Second, I realized the mistake before making any payment so why do I have to still pay for the booking. I should have the right to cancel or change the seat booking since I have not paid for it yet. Third, I don't think it is fair for them to deny me my flight since I have fully paid the flight tickets and fourth, they should be thanking me instead for reporting the bugs in their system.
I was mad yesterday so I filled up the Airasia e-form and sent it to them. I filled it up again this morning with more specific details on the booking process. I also filed a complaint against Airasia about this with the NCCC. I hope they would help me sort this matter out with Airasia.
My advise to you guys and girls, be really careful in making changes about your booking through their system. I would switch to other low cost airlines if I have the choice but I don't. That is the one and only airlines that offer low cost flight in Malaysia. However, one thing for sure, I have learned my lesson and I am never going to change my seat booking or anything else about any airasia booking after paying for the tickets. Pick your add-on carefully when you are buying the tickets and don't change a thing after fully paid the tickets or else, you will not be allowed to board the plane.
Airasia..I am really disappointed with you.
No comments:
Post a Comment